The Lowdown is the best place on the planet to sort out your contraception. 80,000 people visit our website every month, and we’re growing fast.
We’ve collected over 5,000 reviews on every method and brand of contraception in the UK – and are on a mission to find, connect and help as many people with their contraception as possible. You can learn more about us and our Founder Alice’s story here.
We’re looking for a medicals professional with a passion for contraception and family planning to join Dr Fran and Dr Mel in offering on-demand video consultations to our UK-based customers. This is a freelance/contractor role.
What you will do 🙋
- You will be providing virtual appointments, at times that suit you, to our users – providing them with information, support and advice on their contraception.
- We’re very flexible on hours and you can work from home and offer appointments at times that suit you.
- If you don’t mind being in front of the camera that would help; we would love your help in producing videos and explainers that help to educate and inform our community about contraception.
- Be on hand to give us advice and direction as we build The Lowdown telemedicine service and overall platform.
- Connect us with your network of medics and be an ambassador for The Lowdown – helping us spread the word about what we do!
What we’re looking for 🔎
- You are a medic with a burning passion for women’s health and contraception 🔥
- You absolutely love consulting and spending time talking to patients. You are very empathetic and have great communication skills 💬
- You have or are working towards a Sexual Health Qualification or FSRH Diploma – and experience working in Sexual Health or Family Planning (including General Practice) 👨👩👧👦
- You have a current GMC/NMC registration ✅
- You are already registered or happy to be registered with MPS as your insurance provider 🚑
- You are committed to keeping up to date on the latest research in contraception and UK prescribing guidelines 🗞️
- You are flexible and innovative – with an open mind and interest in working with an emerging healthtech startup 📈
- You’re really passionate about The Lowdown – and love what we stand for! ❤️
What we offer 💰
- The chance to work in building a mission driven startup that is already helping thousands of people every day.
- Flexible working around your existing work and personal commitments
- The ability to give patients the best care without the time constraints of the NHS appointment system.
- Excellent job satisfaction as described by our current medical team.
- Structured patient feedback for appraisal.
- We are happy to discuss arrangements for covering the cost of additional indemnity insurance with you.
How to apply 👋
Please email your CV and why you’re the perfect person for this role to email@example.com.
Interview process 🚦
- We’ll review your CV and application
- If we like it, you’ll have a quick phone call with Dr Mel or Dr Fran
- Then a longer interview with our Founder Alice