We are the UK’s leading platform for contraceptive reviews. We are backed by the prestigious Entrepreneur First accelerator, and since launching last year we have created the world’s largest user-generated dataset on every method and brand of contraception.
80,000 people visit us organically every month, and we’re growing fast. We are on a mission to find, connect and help as many people with their contraception as possible. Learn more about us and our CEO Alice’s story here.
What you will do 🙋
- Build, plan and test all of the technology and integrations behind our website, data, paid services and community features
- Manage our lead developer and recruit and retain world class tech talent that will help The Lowdown grow and scale to other markets
- Work directly with our CEO and medical team to refine, build and test new features
- Get real-time customer feedback from our incredibly passionate community and beta testing groups.
- Continue to optimise the site for SEO
What we’re looking for 🔎
- At least 2 years’ commercial experience of ReactJS and Node.js
- Good understanding of the TypeScript and Next.js
- Experience in writing unit tests
- Experience using Relational Databases
- Experience using and managing AWS instances
- Experience developing microservices
- Great attention to detail with a keen eye for design
- You’re passionate about The Lowdown – and love what we stand for! ❤️
What we offer 💰
- Sole responsibility for our code base – you will have full autonomy
- Equity, if things work out
- The chance to work on building a mission driven B2C product that is already helping thousands of people every day
- Remote working
- Flexible hours
- Experienced Founder and Entrepreneur First advisors with lots of opportunities to learn
Where you’ll be based 📍
We’re fairly flexible – but ideally we can build a team that is able to come into a London based office 2-3 days a week at some point in the near future. We find it much easier to build a culture and get things done this way!
How to apply 👋
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 6th August
Interview process 🚦
- We’ll review your CV and application
- If we like it, you’ll have a quick phone call with our Founder Alice
- Then a technical interview with our current tech lead Marija
- Before a final interview with one of our investors