We are the best place on the planet to sort out your contraception. 80,000 people visit our website every month, and we’re growing fast.
We’ve collected over 4,500 reviews on every method and brand of contraception in the UK – and are on a mission to find, connect and help as many people with their contraception as possible. You can learn more about us and our Founder Alice’s story here.
We’re looking for someone to own the planning, design and delivery of content across all of our social and on-platform channels. This is a very important job – as creating incredible, informative content is central to what we do and how we get people to come to The Lowdown.
What you will do 🙋
- Create, write, design and schedule posts, stories, tweets, articles, podcasts, videos, newsletters, events – and just about everything we put on the internet!
- Build and maintain relationships with influencers and press contacts that can help spread the word about us.
- Work with our SEO lead to plan, write and commission content that helps us rank on the first page of Google for hundreds of keywords.
- Work with our medical team and experts to ensure all of our content is clinical evidenced and balanced.
- Monitor and track performance – you’ll tell us what’s working, what’s not, and build campaigns that align with our business objectives.
What we’re looking for 🔎
- You write witty, to the point copy. You’ve got a really good sense of humour and know how to write a killer caption 🤣
- You have a keen eye for design – you know how to create visually appealing content, and can design stuff yourself in whatever software works for you (Canva, Figma etc) 🎨
- You’re brilliantly creative and have got loads of ideas for how to spread the word about us, and inform and educate women about their contraception and hormones 💡
- You’re fascinated by all things women’s health, and love researching and talking about everything, from menstruation to menopause 🚺
- You understand the science. You don’t have to have a science background, but that would help! 👩⚕️
- You’ve got loads of initiative – are happy to work in a fast-paced startup, where a lot can change and we need all hands on deck. You don’t need to know everything, but you have a fast rate of learning. 📈
- You’re really passionate about The Lowdown – and love what we stand for! ❤️
What we offer 💰
- Free rein. You’d be the first person on the team to lead social and content at The Lowdown full time. You run the show.
- The chance to work in building a mission driven startup that is already helping thousands of people every day.
- Equity, if things work out.
- Experienced Founder and some incredible tech startup investors who you can learn from.
Where you’ll be based 📍
We’re fairly flexible – but ideally we can build a team that is able to come into a London based office 2-3 days a week at some point in the near future. We find it much easier to build a culture and get things done this way!
How to apply 👋
Please email your CV and why you’re the perfect person to get this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be creative in showing us that you come up with amazing content and social ideas!
Applications have been extended to close Friday 9th July
Interview process 🚦
- We’ll review your CV and application
- If we like it we’ll get back to you and set you a task
- A quick phone call with Alice our Founder
- Another longer interview with Alice
- A final interview with up to two of our investors